Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Storage - is there ever enough?

Sweet Pea has a competition running to celebrate her (soon to be) 300th post .....


She has challenged us to post a photo of our 'unique' storage items. I'm up for a challenge any time so here's my first photo. I don't know the actual age of this chocolate tin by MacRobertson's but I stole it from Mum a few months ago. Don't worry, she has another one just like it. It possibly belonged to dear old friend of hers who passed away a few years ago at 95 years of age. Do you know the history of these tins? It's one of my favourites for two reasons... 1. It used to hold chocolate and 2. It's old and dented and has been around a bit. I use it to store all my button cards. Check out Sweet P's blog to join the fun.
























happy quilting,
Cheryl xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl,
Great name...
I was just trying to find some information about an old MacRobertson chocolate tin i found at the tip, it is a lovley old tin.
I havent been able to find any info on it or even know how old it is. It is just like the picture yo have, just has a few more scratches and its a little weathered.
Could you e-mail me if you have found out any infrometion about the tins. I do know there are a few different types (hybiscus, azalia, dessert flower, begonia)but that is all.
Thanks cheryl i look forward to your reply.

Regards Cheryl

e-mail: cherylbrettandtay@hotmail.com