Thursday, August 7, 2008

This week's completions - so far...










First up is Lyn's quilt, made from a pattern featured in Patchwork & Quilting v0l 15 no 12. I simply ditch quilted every seam and around the applique shapes. Heavy custom quilting is beautiful on the right quilt but it's often the only thing you see. The hours of hand work done by the maker can be lost in the quilting so the design needs to be carefully chosen, together. I hope you enjoy these quilts.....



















Marion's jelly roll quilt - front and back (the back shows the lovely popcorn quilting pattern)
I delivered two quilts to Helen yesterday, one of them is shown in the previous post but I forgot to take a photo of the second one. I have another the same to quilt for Helen next week so I'll post photos of that one when it's done.

And today I finished another customer quilt but can't post a photo because it's a surprise 50th wedding anniversary gift! You'll have to come back later for that one.....

2 comments:

Roseanne said...

Hi cheryl i have been looking at so many blogs .Thought i would check your out. So you have won award ,check my blog for detials ...

Anonymous said...

I just love the Popcorn design on the jelly roll quilt. Beautiful quilting.