Monday, April 14, 2008

Helen's quilt

I finished quilting Helen's lovely 'quilt for a man' on Saturday. Just crosses through the sashing and a simple curved pattern on each mustard block, ditch quilting for the first border and a medium meander in the outer border. I love the result, probably because it's so simple and unfussy. Helen's precise piecing made it a fun job to do because everything lined up perfectly. Something to think about - we chose charcoal batting for this one because of the rich country colours in the quilt top and the dark grey backing. It makes sense but it's not something you always consider when choosing your batting. This one was charcoal wool batting from Matilda's Own.

What's on this week? Well, a pretty busy week for me. Today I'll start quilting the charity quilt for a local group. It's huge (but very pretty) and I'll finish it tomorrow morning. Next in line is Marion's denim quilt made out of old jeans - just a large meander will do the job. With another three quilts booked in for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, I'll be tied to the Gammill. BUT, I will find time to go into town and collect my new Janome sewing machine!!! I'm getting the 6600P on Thursday or Friday this week, can't wait.
happy quilting,
cheryl



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the colours in that quilt and the quilting looks so neat! When will you have more photos for us to browse and admire?
The close up shots are great!