Sunday, April 6, 2008

'Parterre' before and after.......

Before............This photo was taken the day after delivery of my new Gammill quilting machine. I had completed this quilt about five years earlier but was unhappy with the result. Sooooooooo, after much unpicking and cursing, it became my first 'real' quilting project. I love the result!

and After...........you can't really see the quilting but it's finely stippled in the block backgrounds with a running vine along the sashing and outer border and a gorgeous open rose along the saw tooth border. It's one of my own designs and the applique is all needle turn. I made it for our bedroom in our previous home which was decorated in rich country colours. This time our theme is a little more French provincial so the colours are a bit strong but it's still lovely on a cold night!

And I think I'm addicted to bag making at the moment. After the two 'Bella' bags yesterday, I've just finished making 'Tickled Pink' which was in one of my Australian Homespun mags. I love this one too and a girl can't have enough bags can she? It's all about variety. Now where's my box of chocolates.............


No comments: