Tuesday, April 29, 2008

More quilting to show you

We've had such a busy time over the last week or so getting everything ready for Manda's birthday party, I've been a bit slack in the blog department. We had such a nice weekend and Lisa made the most gorgeous cakes! Back in to the swing of work this week so I thought I'd show you some quilts I've been working on.




Kerrie's Queen size - she adores love hearts so it has a loopy heart border, feathers allover through the centre panel and ditch quilting between


This lovely cream and green quilt was made by a beautiful little lady named Marj, for her daughter. The sashing has exquisite candlewicking and to highlight this, I ditch quilted the panels in the rail fence blocks and quilted an open camellia type motif in the plain blocks. I'm sure Marj won't mind me telling you all that she's enjoyed quite a few birthdays and is 80 'ish'. She also makes a quilt for every new great grandchild that comes along.

I quilted this one before christmas last year, but I had to show you the hand work!




1 comment:

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Very pretty, you do nice work.